Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Solucionando dilemas de una nueva cultura

Conversacion 1:
I: Hey, man! Can I ask you something?
N: Yeah, sure!
I: Do you know if I have to call someone because I need to pick up all those leaves.
N: Well, I don't know, sure you can call them but I think that the solid waste company has to pick up them. Maybe is because in "those days we use paper bags"...

- A mi que me importa si "ahora se usan paper bags??? Yo use de plastico negro parecidas a las de la basura pero con mayor resistencia porque dicen ser para hojas... Ademas son mas baratas... Ahora bien, sera posible que alguien que nacio, vivio y crecio aca pueda decirme cuando pasa el camion que recoge las hojas? si toca llamarlo o que?? me mame de ver 19 bolsas de basura en frente a mi casa...

Conversacion 2 (phone call):
A: Hello? Information Atlanta-Fulton County? Can I help you?
I: Yes, I have a problem. I need that someone pick up lots of leaves I have in front of my door.
A: Sure, you can call 404-------
I: Thanks....
B:*&(*^$$ )*()() Atlanta Fulton County?
I:Yes, I have a problem. I need that someone pick up lots of leaves I have in front of my door.
B: Wait a second....
Pi pi pi
C: #^)#B #)(# Atlanta?
I:Yes, I have a problem. I need that someone pick up lots of leaves I have in front of my door.
C: @*$(*@ $@)($_)@
I: Excuse me?
C: You have to call 404-------
I: Thanks
D: &^@#*@*#(*#@(*# Atlanta?
I:Yes, I have a problem. I need that someone pick up lots of leaves I have in front of my door.
D: Wait a second...
Pi Pi Pi
-No entiendo nada me quiero poner a llorar...-
E: Costumer Service. CAn I help you?
I: Yes, do you speak spanish?
E: NO, mam I' m sorry.
I: Ok, i'll try to explain. I have lots of leaves in front of my house.
E: I can help you with that. Are those leaves in bags?
I: Yes!!!!
E: Ok, i will schedule the truck for you, Can you tell me how many bags do you have?
I: 24
E: Can you please tell me your adresse?
I: Blablablablabla
E: &()*()(*
I: EXCUSE ME?
E: Are you renting?
I: Yes..
E: You do very well in English
I: Thanks, do I have to call you every time that I have leaves?
E: No mam, if you have less than 20 bags. The truck around Home park (el barrio) is scheduled the second and the fourth week of the month
I: Thanks a lot
E; You're wellcome

Resultado, ok, afrontemoslo no es que sea que digamos la mas dura en ingles, pero los gringos de color no tienen paciencia para atender a alguien que no habla muy bien y que ademas se siente inseguro de su forma de hablar. A veces no hablan, como dice Ga: Ladran....

Notas Breves:
Comence a asistir a Etica y Epistemologia en Politicas Publicas.... Simplemente genial!!!!! Maravilloso y el profesor un bacan.... Para la proxima clase: Ethical reasoning, del capitulo de Moral Philosophy.... En la facultad... estoy contenta...

No comments: